Be A Part Of The Cure At The 2019 Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure


Looking to make strides toward a cure for breast cancer? Join the crowd of runners, joggers, and walkers at the 2019 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. This popular annual 5K and fun run does double duty as an active way to fight an aggressive disease and a chance to show your support for cancer warriors past and present. This year’s Race for the Cure is scheduled for Saturday, October 12, so register now and start fundraising to help a great cause.

Why Register?

This race is more than just a chance to score a cool T-shirt or get in your step goal for the day. It’s an opportunity to participate in a widespread and concentrated effort to find a cure for breast cancer. Since 1999, more than $10 million has been raised in Alabama, with 75% of the net proceeds going toward local breast cancer programs in the organization’s 38-county service area. The other 25% goes to fund breast cancer research. The goal for this year is to raise $400,000, with a longer-term aim to reduce the number of breast cancer deaths by 50% by the year 2026.

How to Register

You can register online or by mail-in registration, and there will also be in-person registration available on race day. Participate as an individual, join a team, create a team, or re-form a former team to champion a friend, neighbor, or loved one. Registration for adults and those doing “virtual participation” is $35; registration for youth ages 4 to 14 is $25.

Race Day Schedule

The 2019 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure activities and races kick off from Railroad Park, 1600 1st Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35233. Race day registration begins at 7 a.m., with the Parade of Hope starting at 8:20. The 5K starts at 9:15, with the 1-mile walk coming up soon after, at 9:45 a.m.

You might also like: Give Greenhouse A Try

Embracing the Cause at Long-Lewis Ford

Long-Lewis Ford Lincoln is a proud sponsor of the 2019 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. At our dealership, we know that caring for the community is about more than selling great vehicles at great prices; it’s about being involved in events and organizations that strive for a greater purpose. We encourage you to join the Race for the Cure and do your part to fund breast cancer research right along with us.

Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.